Thursday, January 7, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End


Behold my beautiful geraniums...well at least what they looked like when I potted them at the end of last March. I tried to save them from the brutal weather we've been having by bringing them inside on Monday. I don't know if it was the shocking change in temperature between outdoors and in, or if the damage had really already been done. Suffice it to say that the end result was not pretty. Sniff. The good news? It's only ten weeks until the end of the March when I can start all over again.

5 comments:

Starman said...

Sorry about your plants. Don't Geraniums regenerate in the spring?

Shelli said...

Ohmigod, only 10 weeks until the end of March?!

Barrett said...

I hate leaving my flowers and plants out when I know that first frost is going to kill them. It is kind of a strange feeling to take care and water them all season long and then just abandon them and leave them for dead. One year I tried saving them all in the garage, but that was more work than it was worth.

I agree with your last post.... "Darn those French women!" I've got some work to do before visiting Paris.

debbie in toronto said...

you'd be surprised about geraniums...they might look dead but stick them in a closet until March and try them..they can come back from the dead...unless of course it's really brutal...you should have posted an "after" picture..ha ha

Belle de Ville said...

Your balcony would also look great with potted evergreens that could take the snow and cold weather.

Related Posts with Thumbnails