Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Score One for Rick Steves


With their trusty guidebook in hand, these two ladies seem to be following Rick's advice to the letter: travel in "shoulder" season, dress unobtrusively (black being an excellent choice), and enjoying life like the locals do, with a leisurely coffee in an outdoor cafe not too far from Steve's favorite street, Rue Cler. I'm kind of amazed that this picture, which I shot through the window of the 82 bus, actually came out so well. Hope you enjoy your stay.

7 comments:

Starman said...

I finally got around to checking out rue Cler last summer. It was somewhat disappointing. I also had a pretty bad meal at a bistro just a block off the rue.

Starman said...

Doesn't the woman holding the book seem "somehow" familiar?

drew-o-rama.com said...

i like rick steves books for cutting out all the crap and going straight to the point. i used his book when i did my obligatory summer after college backpack through europe tour.

Anne said...

Starman: Familiar in what way?

Duchesse said...

Love Rick!:)He's friendly, knowledgeable and unassuming:)His advice is down-to-earth and useful. His info on pickpockets came in handy in Madrid...

preppyplayer said...

I'm a fan of Rick's guides and lingering at outdoor cafes...
I plan on it next April while visiting Paris for the first time in ten years.

Starman said...

I'm not sure. It just seems like I should know her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails