Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lady in Red (and White)



One can't have a blog about Paris with too many pictures of the Eiffel Tower, right? Non, c'est impossible! I caught these last weekend when the tower was dressed in red and white in tribute to the country of Turkey, part of a larger celebration in Paris that started in July and goes through next March. It was crazy pretty although I don't particularly recommend being on the tower itself when it starts twinkling on the hour. Those flashing lights are enchanting from a distance but if you're mid climb, it's a little too much strobe for those of us who tend toward motion sickness.

3 comments:

debbie in toronto said...

HI Anne...was that just a one night wonder or is it still like that? Last year they had the stars and the blue remember?

Anne said...

It was red and white only from October 6th through 11th; everything's now back to normal.

Starman said...

I love it when they dress up la Tour Eiffel. I never thought about being on there when the twinkling takes place. It must be strange and I may have to experience someday just to find out for myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails