Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fashion Week

I was just going about my business this morning, returning books to the library, getting my flu shot, wondering whether I might be able to spend the entire weekend in my pajamas given that our house guests are gone and my husband is travelling for work, when I encountered this:

Yes, indeed, it's Fashion Week and the designers are here showing off for their spring/summer collections. This crowd of photographers had gathered to see the departures after the Balenciaga ready to wear show. Since I didn't really have to be anywhere, I hung around for a bit and galked at the scene. It just confirmed for me that when it comes to fashion, I haven't got a clue. For example, can someone please explain this?


There were a handful of celebrities whose faces looked vaguely familiar and whom the photographers were crazy about, including Enrique Murciano from Without a Trace with his arm wrapped around girlfriend Lily Cole, and French film stars Amira Casar and Marie-Josée Croze (captured below).

The biggest star was Catherine Deneuve but the only picture I could get of her was this:

After the big names left, the paparazzi thinned but the models were still willing to pose for the fashion press:

As for the fashion, the ponytailed photographer summed it up as follows: "I saw a lot of dead animals and nothing fresh." And there you have it.

6 comments:

debbie in toronto said...

a bit of fun at least...I notice the leaves have turned on the trees...lovely

have no clue how anyone walks in those shoes....

Duchesse said...

Marie-Josée Croze is a Canadian from Québec, actually:)

Gee, seems a lot warmer in Paris than it is in Ottawa right now (4 degrees centigrades). Looks like I'm on the wrong side of the pond;) And to think that a year ago exactly, I was in Paris:)

Anne said...

Duchesse: Sorry about that! The only film I know of hers is The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, a French film.

Cécile Qd9 said...

Yes, Marie-Josée Croze is canadian and Amira Casar is a beautiful mix as precised by wikipedia : "Amira Casar est une actrice de nationalités française et irlandaise née le 1 juillet 1971 à Londres, d'une mère russe et d'un père kurde"

Anonymous said...

That is some explaining to do indeed!

Duchesse said...

Actually, Marie-Josée Croze's career is mainly in France these days, so I can understand the confusion:) After she won the Prix d'interprétation féminine in Cannes for Les Invasions barbares a few years back, her career just soared:) Good for her:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails