Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I've been looking through the collection of photos filed under "stray stuff" on my computer and found that there are a couple of images there that I keep coming back to, even though I really don't have much to say about them. Some times, you just like a picture for its own sake. So I'm moving these dust bunnies out from under the bed. Let me know what you think.


You don't see as many of these Citroën 2CV models as once was the case. They still scream, "FRANCE!" to me. This one was perched on the quai for a photo shoot of some kind.


My apologies if it's your family pictured here. I snapped this one on the Champs de Mars where they were gawking at the Eiffel Tower while enjoying a picnic lunch. It still takes my breath away too.


I'd never think of getting on a bike without at least putting on a comfortable pair of pants but that must not occur to the French. Sure the racers wear cycling togs, but if you're riding along the banks of the Seine as part of your commute, office wear is de rigeuer. Wearing a helmet is just a dead giveaway that you're American or Canadian.


It was a beautiful sunny day in Paris and that was reason enough to document it.

3 comments:

Nanc Twop said...

'gawking at the Eiffel Tower'

Reminds me of my first view of it. Somehow I'd always pictured it as only about 200 feet tall. Perhaps because I knew the nearby buildings were only ~5 stories tall.

Anyway, my companion (who knew better) had a good laugh at my astonishment when we finally got close to it.

Starman said...

These are truly representative of France, and in particular, Paris. Thanks for sharing.

Paul - Leeds photo daily said...

Funny, I saw a 2CV today here Yorkshire, I took a photo for my blog. They are really not common now, a couple of my friends each had one. Very French!

Related Posts with Thumbnails